When: Monday, September 22, 2014 | 6:00pm-7:30pm (5:30pm reception)
Where: Broadway Youth Resource Centre (#103-2780 East Broadway)
The Board of Directors for Leave Out Violence (LOVE) Society BC invites you to attend our Annual General Meeting (AGM) onMonday, September 22nd at 6:00PM (pre-meeting reception at 5:30PM). To be held at the Broadway Youth Resource Centre, 103-2780 East Broadway, Vancouver, BC (Coast Salish Territories). All members are invited to attend.
The following events are planned for the business session of this year’s general meeting:
To receive the report of the Board President;
To receive the report of the Executive Director;
To receive and consider the financial statements for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014, together with the auditors report;
To accept the Board of Directors;
Consider resolutions that require approval or ratification (if any); and,
To conduct other business as may be required and appropriate.
There will be some performances and sharing of LOVE BC youths’ work at the AGM, and refreshments will be served. Please RSVP to Mateo J. Zepeda, Office and Communications Coordinator at email@example.com or (604) 709-5728 if you plan to attend the AGM. Thank you for your support of LOVE BC, and we hope to see you September 22nd!
LOVE BC AGM - Agenda
September 22, 6:00pm-7:30pm
(5:30pm food and pre-AGM reception)
1) Call meeting to order - Karine Oldfield
2) Welcome from Board Chair - Karine Oldfield
3) Self-introductions & questions: "What does LOVE mean to you?"
4) Explanation of process
5) Approve minutes from last AGM
6) Brief Director's report
7) Youth Board Rep Report
8) Brief explanation of Finances and the Audit
9) Motion to appoint Smythe Ratcliffe as the auditors for 2015/2016
10) Brief explanation on changes to by-laws
11) Motion to approve changes to by-laws
12) Introduce candidates for the Board of Directors
13) Motion to accept the following Board of Directors: Karine Oldfield, David Ingram, Heather Stoutenbourg, Lyla Hunter, Fatima Siddiqui, Sarah Hughes, Krista Sheppard, Katie Jamieson, and youth reps (TBA)
14) Closing Remarks
15) Motion to adjourn formal portion of AGM